Notice of Annual General Meeting
This is to advise you of the upcoming Annual General Meeting of the members of Yoga Australia. It has been a big year for Yoga Australia, and we do hope you will be able to join us for this important event.
Sunday 12th November 2023
1:00 pm to 2:30 pm – Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
Online – This meeting will be held as an online meeting. We will be using Zoom Video Conferencing for the meeting. Please note, you will need to register for this meeting in order to attend. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Members can register to attend here.
But make sure you log into your member dashboard first!
Items for Voting
In this meeting you can find out about Yoga Australia’s operations and finances, ask questions, and speak about any items on the agenda.
- accept the minutes of the last annual general meeting
- accept the auditor’s report
- accept the annual financial statements
- appoint the auditor for this year
Method of Voting
At the meeting, voting will occur by show of hands or voices or such other method as the chairperson determines, including an online poll. A Member may vote in person or by proxy or by Representative.
A Member may appoint a proxy to act on behalf of the Member. A proxy may exercise any and all of the rights of the Member who appointed it at a general meeting, subject to the following:
- a proxy must be an existing Member who is qualified and entitled to be present and vote at the general meeting;
- a proxy is subject to any directions or limitations specified in the proxy appointment;
- a proxy does not have the authority to speak and vote for a Member at a meeting while the Member is at the meeting.
The appointment of a proxy must be:
- in writing using this form;
- signed by the Member making the appointment;
- delivered to the Secretary by 5pm Friday, 10th November 2023;
A vote given by proxy is valid even if the Member who appointed the proxy revokes the appointment, or ceases to be a Member, provided that the chairperson was not aware of the revocation or cessation of Membership at the time the proxy cast the vote.
On behalf of the Board of Yoga Australia