Yoga instructors, Alexander Technique teachers and those who are serious, curious and open-minded about their yoga practice will find much of interest in working with David Moore. With thirty five years of teaching experience in the Alexander Technique and yoga David brings fresh and practical insights into how the Alexander Technique can contribute to yoga practice.
The training will be based on his book, Smart Yoga which, complete with visual examples, offers readers a critical approach to yoga practice. Furthermore, this guide accommodates the needs of people with a diverse range of movement, in terms of injuries, structure, strength and flexibility. Offering comprehensive advice in modifying yoga practice, David takes account of the huge variability in people doing yoga practice and examines how to deal intelligently with this variability.
• Applying the Alexander Technique for safe and effective yoga practice
• Altering poses to suit a wide range of structural issues, body-types, and flexibility
• Dealing with pain and injury
• How Hatha Yoga, Patanjali, and Buddhist insight practices relate to
the Alexander Technique
• Bringing the practice into daily life
• Balancing the autonomic nervous system
• Mindfulness and meditation
• Changing habits
The program will be structured to allow for intensive yoga and Alexander Technique work plus two private lessons for each participant over the course of the retreat. In addition it will allow for sufficient time for people to be able to visit and enjoy the surrounding towns and countryside. The program listed below is indicative and may be altered somewhat in consultation with the participants.
The course will start with an afternoon introductory group followed by an evening meal, and will end in the morning on the last day.