- The Foundations, teach sensation based alignment, effectively and with confidence.
- Learn to modify the poses for beginners, injured and advanced students.
- Transitions - the use of verbal cues to move safely around the mat.
- Voice and Vocabulary - creating a safe and supportive environment.
- Sequencing - create a vinyasa flow that supports everyone in the class.
Anatomy and Physiology
- All the systems of the body, and how yoga practices support them.
- The bones and joints, the differences in shape and size and how this affects asana.
- Anatomy Fundamentals with Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
Energetic Anatomy and Physiology
- Koshas, the layers of our being.
- Elements and Doshas, our Ayurvedic expression.
- Nadis, the pathways of prana
- Chakras our karmic makeup.
History and Philosophy
- The Origins of Yoga exploring the ancient texts.
- The many Branches of Yoga practiced today.
- A step by step approach with Patanjali's Sutras.
- Tantra rituals and practices for a united Self.
- Samkhya and the creation of the thinking mind.
Pranayama and Meditation
- Mindfulness and Breathing practices to anchor your mind in the breath.
- Pranayama Yogic Breath, Nadi Shodhana, Bhramari, Ujjayi, Kapalabhati.
- Mantras Gayatri, AUM, Mahamrityunja.
Our programs allow students to totally immerse themselves in the teachings, philosophy and practices of yoga. In the Philosophy and Physiology workshops you will explore the impact of your thoughts and feelings on your life energy, and then practice techniques that will benefit your body and mind. In the asana and anatomy workshops you will learn the practicalities of teaching, how to safely adjust the poses to suit your body and how to facilitate this for others.
There is plenty of hands on experience in our courses. You will have the opportunity to apply the practices, teachings and philosophy, in small supportive groups, exploring meditation, mantra, asana variations, pranayama, teaching techniques, assisting, specialized classes and much more.
Sample daily schedule
|8:00||Asana Class (experience the yoga rhythms vinyasa with an experienced teacher)|
|10:00||Sanskrit Mantra (Gayatri)- learn to chant the Gayatri then partner teach|
|10:30||Foundational Poses Explore the alignment, variations, benefits and cautions|
|11:00||Partner Teach Foundational Poses review Student Manual|
|11:30||Key Concept Purusha and Prakriti, interactive conversation, review Student Manual|
|12:00||Circle teach, student practice cueing foundational poses|
|13:30||The History of Yoga Overview of the Vedas, Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali's Sutras|
|14:00||Patanjali's Sutras The eight limbed path Yamas Ahimsa|
|14:30||Ahimsa living ahimsa daily journal review Student Manual|
|15:00||Key Concept Prana 1000 volts, interactive conversation, mindfulness practice|
|15:30||Partner teach Sensing Breath Student Manual|
|16:00||Key Concept Koshas interactive conversation, review Student Manual|
|16:30||Quiz question students interactive conversation review todays schedule|
|17:00||Close the circle Mantra take ahimsa home.|
Your investment for the 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Integrated Practice Course is $2850 (paid in full in advance) or $3350 with a payment plan.
Our 200 hour Integrated Practice (16 Days part time + Home practice and Study) course includes:
- 200+ Page Student Manual
- YR Gentle Sequence DVD
- YR Dynamic Sequence DVD
- Ayurveda Workshop
150hr POST GRADUATE TRAINING - to be completed within 3 years of graduating from the 200HR Integrated Practice Course - $450 per workshop
We have a selection of post graduate workshops, each one supporting 30 hrs of training. This gives you the opportunity to hone your skills in the direction you choose.
- POWER YOGA
- YIN YOGA
- YOGA NIDRA
Please check with our website for details of Post Graduate Workshop dates and venues