In-depth training for yoga teachers who want to bring mobility, ease, health, mindfulness, lightness and fun to children with special needs, low mobility and in the hospital environment.
In this specialised training we will concentrate on creative ways to teach children how to release stress, relax, stretch, energize, and focus while taking into consideration their unique needs, whether they are physical, social, mental or emotional.
Learn to teach the youngest yogis and those with emotional and mental challenges techniques to assist them with impulse control and self-regulation.
This course provides a foundation to promote the healthy development of the hearts, bodies and minds of individuals living with ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Sensory Processing Difficulties and much more.
This is an online training and therefore it allows you for maximum flexibility in your studies: You can start at any time and complete it at your own pace, all while being supported by us and the community of the fellow students in the training.
Start any time, finish any time
Study from home/online
Pay in Full
12 Month Payment Plan
$27.5 USD per month
28 hours to complete at your own pace, in your own time.
Comprised of 15 hours of videos with the rest being reading and completion of assignments.
This course is delivered in English.
Minimum 200 hours yoga teacher training. We are here to provide you with all the support you need on your yoga teaching journey.
You will receive a Rainbow Kids Yoga For Additional Needs teaching certificate that you will be able to use to gain insurance and start teaching straight away.
Rainbow Yoga is a registered yoga school with the Yoga Alliance USA, The Canadian Yoga Alliance, Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance Professionals UK. If you are already registered with one of those associations, you will be able to gain continuous education credit hours with your respective Yoga Alliance.
Teach Children With Additional Needs In Many Different Environments:
- 🌈 In Schools/Daycare Centers
- 🌈After School Programs
- 🌈Hospital Bed
- 🌈Group Session in Hospital
- 🌈Through a supportive organisation
- 🌈Support Group
- 🌈Private at Home
- 🌈Connected to Medical Equipment
- 🌈Chair Bound
- 🌈And more
Therefore, You Will Need To Use Many Ways To Do Yoga!
Because we are going to address such a varied and diverse population and level of abilities, we are going to learn LOTS of different ways to do yoga:
- 🌈With Props
- 🌈And more as needed
What Will You Learn
- 🌈How to adjust yoga to the special needs of the child and their environment
- 🌈Yoga and mindfulness techniques to support self-regulation, awareness, emotional support and engagement
- 🌈Understand the needs and challenges of children with additional needs and exploring creative, fun and engaging ways to teach and practice yoga with these children
- 🌈Breathing, guided imagery, meditation and other techniques to centre ourselves and quiet and focus the mind
- 🌈Yoga for children in the hospital
- 🌈Yoga for children who are chair bound
- 🌈Yoga for children with low mobility
- 🌈Yoga for children with autism, ADHD, on the spectrum and with sensory processing difficulties
- 🌈Build confidence and style as a kids yoga teacher
In Rainbow Yoga we expand our hearts and minds to include all those around us and the feeling is often empowering for students, families and teachers alike.
Children with additional needs have much need for connection and unfortunately, they often get fewer opportunities to fulfill this need.
They may be in relative isolation or in environments (Including hospitals and centres) that are more sterile and provide less opportunity for connection. Or a child may have a condition that makes verbal communication challenging, working with the elements of conscious touch and human connection is even more important, more transformative, and more healing than anywhere else.
Yoga is so important for children with additional needs as it both helps to release tension and helps keep them more mobile
Mobility increases circulation, improves digestion, strengthen muscle tone, enhances positive moods, general health and wellbeing and our connection to the environment.
Rainbow Yoga is a great tool to help children with additional need to reach their full potential of physical movement and social interaction.
BENEFITS OF YOGA FOR CHILDREN WITH ADDITIONAL NEEDS:
- 🌈Increased Social-Communication Skills
- 🌈Helps with Awareness and Expression of Emotions
- 🌈Reduced Anxiety
- 🌈Reduction in Challenging Behaviors
- 🌈Increased Body Awareness
- 🌈Ramps Up Positive Sense of Self
- 🌈Improves Memory & Concentration
- 🌈Improves Learning Abilities
- 🌈Increases Mobility
- 🌈Increases Circulation
- 🌈Increases Muscle Tone
- 🌈Improves Strength
- 🌈Helps with Motor Skills, Coordination & Balance
- 🌈Strengthen Respiration
- 🌈Improve the Central Nervous System’s Functioning
- 🌈Neutralizes & Calms the Sympathetic Nervous System
- 🌈Improves Sleep
- 🌈Bettering Ability to Self-Regulate.
- 🌈Building Mutual Trust & Friendships
Yoga practice can have significant results in increasing capacity for schoolwork and peaceful social interaction - Let make the world a better place, together, one child at a time!
The right choice for you
If you are looking to only specialize in Yoga for Children with Additional Needs, then you are in the right place and we can't wait to focus our full attention with you on everything Special Needs in our Additional Needs Rainbow Kids Yoga Online Teacher Training here and now!